Reshared post from +Gideon Rosenblatt
Google sets out its principles around artificial intelligence. Encouraging.
1. Be socially beneficial.
2. Avoid creating or reinforcing unfair bias.
3. Be built and tested for safety.
4. Be accountable to people.
5. Incorporate privacy design principles.
6. Uphold high standards of scientific excellence.
7. Be made available for uses that accord with these principles:
Many technologies have multiple uses. We will work to limit potentially harmful or abusive applications. As we develop and deploy AI technologies, we will evaluate likely uses in light of the following factors:
Primary purpose and use: the primary purpose and likely use of a technology and application, including how closely the solution is related to or adaptable to a harmful use
Nature and uniqueness: whether we are making available technology that is unique or more generally available
Scale: whether the use of this technology will have significant impact
Nature of Google’s involvement: whether we are providing general-purpose tools, integrating tools for customers, or developing custom solutions
AI at Google: our principles
We’re announcing seven principles to guide our work in AI.
Post imported by Google+Blog for WordPress.